Working in a corporate environment has it challenges. It may be that you have been in a role for a long time and want a change but not sure which direction to go in. Perhaps you know exactly where you want to be but not sure how to go about getting there. In the current climate with Corona Virus you could be laid off work, temporarily or permanently and not sure what your next course of action will be or perhaps you are seeking to change career just need help refining your approach and being held accountable to take action.
Natasha was a project manager and suffered with a chronic condition. She enjoyed her job, however, due to her condition wanted to find something closer to home. Working together for 6 coaching sessions she clarified her end goal and the type of organisation she wanted to work for. It seemed like a long shot working with animals 10 minutes travel from home by bike. Our first session was a 3 hour workshop to really understand her skills, strengths and motivating factors. We also conducted a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) which helped in the creation of her first action plan. We planned the 6 sessions over 6 months as and when she was well enough and needed my support. Email support is unlimited and helped clarify and fine tune actions and follow up on accountability.
This coaching relationship worked well online via Skype and email. It was incredibly heart-warming to hear her success in securing the role she wanted, working for the right type of organisation just minutes from her new home, she had moved into during her coaching with me. All of the pieces fell into place as per her desired outcome.
Professionals often have had lots of personal development, however, when it comes to taking action for oneself find it difficult to follow through without accountability. Having worked in Human Resources for many years I have a wealth of experience and knowledge in terms of career and personal development.
100% of the clients I have worked with have successfully achieved their career goals.
I can review your CV, Update your CV, provide interview guidance, update your LinkedIn profile, coach you through the process to transforming your career.
6 Top tips
- Identify the things you value. What things are important to you in your job and the organisation you work for?
- Clarify what are your motivators. What type of tasks do you enjoy doing, are good at doing, want to continue doing?
- Do your research. What companies meet the above? Where are they located?
- Update your CV (Curriculum Vitae). Ensure it is tailored to the role you are applying for.
- Create a separate Cover Letter tailored to the role you are applying for.
- Use your professional network – Update your LinkedIn profile and tidy up all social media pictures.
Qualified Life Coach